Wednesday 21 August 2013

Signature Pune Style Week: Part One

The last weekend was charged with fashion, and haute couture from eminent designers was the reason. Monapali, Nitya Singh, Rocky S, AD Singh, Mumtaz Khan and Riyaz Gangji were some of the designers showcasing their creations at the Signature Pune Style Week held at Hyatt Regency, Pune

Although I couldn't attend all (that's totally my bad luck considering I stay 10 minutes away from Hyatt), I did get lucky enough to catch some of the amazing collections being showcased at the Signature PSW. The first show I could watch was AD Singh, who is well-known for bridal couture and his unfettered infatuation with Swarovski crystals. And I was easily enamoured by his collection. Personally I loved how beautifully he used his obsession with Swarovski. Favorited!!

 









The show-stopper Aakriti Anand looking ravishing in a stunning creation by AD Singh.










And who says you need to be skinny to be a stunner? There, she proved it wrong. (It's about time designers encourage women of all shapes and sizes to believe that they're beautiful, no? :) )


Luscious colors, intricate patterns and an unconventional assortment of embroidery and Swarovski absolutely had me plain smitten. 
Call me filmy but I did have goosebumps too. I also loved how the focus was clothing and nothing was overshadowed by jewellery. You can view more of the collection here.

Cannot wait to witness the next collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...